The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was officially recognised by the kennel club in 1935 having descended from a cross between a Bulldog and a Terrier. The first official club was the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club now generally referred to as the “Parent Club” which held its first Official show on the 17th August 1935. Mr Beilby judged this first show and it was a dog called Jim The Dandy who won through on the day. The first champion in the breed was the immortal Ch Gentleman Jim.
The North Eastern Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club was formed in 1976 when the North East Bull Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club formed two separate and independent breed clubs.
The North East’s first champion after gaining separate status was Ch Moekens Cyclone, who incidentally was the breeds joint top Stafford of 1976. With hard work and dedication the North Eastern Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club gained champion status in 1986 as did the North East Bull Terrier Club in 1988.
That first championship show was judged by Bill Morley and Jack Miller with Bill giving the dog challenge certificate to Crimson Flash and Jack giving the Bitch challenge certificate to Lawbury Crackling Rose.